The 5-Diamond Patient Safety Program offers a free, downloadable poster detailing five steps patient can take to ensure safer healthcare.
The poster also lists specific suggestions designed to help patients take each step successfully. The five steps are as follows:
1. Ask questions if you have doubts or concerns.
2. Keep and bring a list of ALL the medicines your take.
3. Get the results of any test or procedure.
4. Talk to you doctor about which hospital is best for your health needs.
5. Make sure you understand what will happen if you need surgery.
Download the 5 Steps to Safer Healthcare poster (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.