The National Patient Safety Foundation issued its updated edition of the NPSF Online Patient Safety Curriculum.
Here are six points:
1. Founded in 1997, NPSF is a nonprofit organization focusing on patient safety.
2. The revised curriculum includes a 10-module, online course.
3. The online course covers the history of patient safety, the science behind patient safety, best practices and strategies for overcoming barriers.
4. NPSF added three new content areas:
• Patient safety across continuum of care
• Workforce safety and rediscovering joy in healthcare work
• Human factors and simulation
5. Through the platform, users can listen to lectures, read articles and take quizzes.
6. Clinical staff members, risk managers, health executives and healthcare organization board members stand to benefit from the online course.
"We believe that this foundational knowledge is imperative for all those working in, or in partnership with, the healthcare system, from the front lines of care to executives," said Tejal K. Gandhi, MD, president and CEO, NPSF.