The group that guides the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on performance measures for the federal quality reporting program is recommending two new measures for the ASC Quality Reporting Program, according to an ASCA report.
The group — The Measures Applications Partnership — issued a draft recommendation supporting the two new measures:
• Unplanned Anterior Vitrectomy
Here are five things to know:
1. Based on these new recommendations, CMS may include the new measures in its proposed ASC payment rule this summer.
2. The Unplanned Anterior Vitrectomy measure would be used to determine cataract surgery patients who underwent unplanned anterior vitrectomy based on certain CPT codes.
3. The Normothermia measure would examine the number of patients who have neuraxial anesthesia for 60 minutes or more and are normothermic within 15 minutes after arriving in the PACU.
4. ASCA suggests beginning to collect data for these measures if they are appropriate for your case mix.
5. The ASCA Benchmarking program collects data for both of these new measures.