Here are 10 articles covering the scope of trends affecting the ASC industry:
1. The key trends affecting ASCs and outpatient surgery in the next 10 years
Cardiovascular and spine surgical volume increases — here are 10 trends to be on the lookout for in the next 10 years.
2. Patient desire for convenience continues to drive ASC growth
The number of outpatient surgeries performed has grown 30 percent since 1990, and two-thirds of surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis. Concurrently, as ASCs continue to grow in popularity, the number of U.S.-based hospitals decreased 5 percent since 2000.
3. 'Remain vigilant on quality & cost:' Insights on the future of ASCs with administrator Patrick Haley
As more procedures are approved for ASCs, focusing on cost efficiency and quality is one way for surgery centers to be forward-looking, according to Patrick Haley, Tarzana, Calif.-based Physicians Surgery Centers' administrator.
4. The valuation trends ASCs should take advantage of
Changes in care migration, ASC multiples and more — these valuation trends have the potential to affect the value of surgery centers.
5. Lack of price transparency, consolidation, reimbursements & more: The key issues facing ASCs
Almost every other industry has price transparency, and it is time for healthcare to catch up, said Stephen Blake, JD, CEO of Arlington, Texas-based Central Park ENT & Surgery Center.
6. How Amazon is making 'hospital CEOs quake' — The trends ASCs should watch
ASCs stand to benefit from several trends like increased procedure migration and emerging payment models as the healthcare landscape rapidly evolves, according to ECG Management Consultants Principal Naya Kehayes and Associate Principal Sean Hartzell.
7. ASCs should brace for these trends, says Regent CEO Chris Bishop
ASCs should anticipate growth in hospital-owned insurance plans and retail medicine, according to Regent Surgical Health CEO Chris Bishop.
8. The new healthcare concepts that can drive ASC growth
Jeffrey Flynn, CASC, administrator of New York City-based Gramercy Surgery Center, discussed how the healthcare landscape is changing. For example, payers have begun to recognize ASCs as cost savers and are urging more patients to go outpatient.
9. Key trends and concepts for a thriving ASC: Polaris Spine COO Joy Taylor weighs in
Polaris Spine's COO Joy Taylor discussed the ASC payer landscape and how her center will grow in the future.
10. The best opportunity to improve ASC profitability in three years from five ASC administrators
Five ASC administrators discussed the biggest opportunity for improved profitability at their centers in the future.