Patients who don't keep their appointments cost the healthcare industry $150 billion annually, according to Medbridge Transport, a company that provides transportation services to ASCs in Houston.
Five statistics from a Medbridge Transport whitepaper:
1. About 3.6 million U.S. patients miss their appointments due to transportation issues.
2. Patients point to transportation as the reason for missing an appointment 67 percent of the time.
3. On average, no-shows cost a single-physician medical practice $150,000 annually.
4. Medical practices actively working to minimize no-shows can reduce no-shows by up to 70 percent.
5. One physician practice with multiple physicians can have 14,000 time slots go unfilled each year.