During the Root Beer Kids Triathlon sponsored by Duluth, Minn.-based Lakewalk Surgery Center, child triathletes took to the water, road and trail before celebrating with a frothy mug of root beer, Aug. 5.
Here's what you should know:
1. Fox21 reports more than 100 children participated in the annual children's triathlon, which took place the same day as the Lakewalk Surgery Center Brewhouse Triathlon.
2. Children participated in a miniaturized version of the main triathlon.
3. Lakewalk Surgery Center sponsored both the children's triathlon and the main triathlon.
4. The surgery center is independently owned. More than 80 physicians utilize the center.
5. The surgery center has completed more than 163,000 procedures since its inception.