Henry Schein reported net sales of $3.1 billion in its second quarter fiscal year 2017 results.
Here's what you should know:
1. Henry Schein's sales increased 6.5 percent year-over-year.
2. Henry Schein's net adjusted income for the second quarter was $136.1 million or $1.71 per diluted share.
3. Concerning its medical sector, Henry Schein reported $571.4 million in sales, which was a 6.1 percent increase year-over-year.
4. Henry Schein CEO Stanley Bergman said in a release, "We believe continued market share gains in our medical group are the result of our ability to meet the needs of a dynamic, evolving healthcare market, particularly among large group practices, where we expect to see further consolidation."
5. Concerning rest-of-year outlooks, Henry Schein expects adjusted diluted earnings per share between $7.13 and $7.26, which includes a $0.04 litigation settlement response.
6. During the second quarter, Henry Schein repurchased 289,000 shares of its common stock at an average price of $173.16 per share. It had no impact on second quarter diluted earnings.
More articles on improving performance:
WellSpan Health to build outpatient surgery suite — 4 highlights
Essentia Health makes progress on Lakewood Surgery Center partnership; breaks ground on clinic
23 statistics on average salary for top 5 most-recruited specialties by practice setting