Envision Healthcare has reached a restructuring agreement with its stakeholders, including ASC management center AmSurg, after announcing plans to file for bankruptcy. AmSurg plans to purchase the ASCs held by Envision.
Here are six things to know about management giant AmSurg, according to its website:
1. AmSurg launched as an ASC management services company in 1992.
2. AmSurg has a network of more than 2,000 physician partners and 255 facilities across 34 states and Washington, D.C.
3. AmSurg partner physicians have performed more than 25 million procedures across multiple specialties.
4. Originally, AmSurg began as an endoscopy ASC manager. Now it deals with nearly all ASC specialties.
5. AmSurg offers a one stop shop for anesthesia services, launching an anesthesia program in 2010.
6. The AmSurg anesthesia program has around 800 providers and 65 partnerships.