Here are seven key points on how patients are interacting with online and mobile health resources according to "2015 Survey of US Health Care Consumers" report from Deloitte.
1. Around 40 percent of patients report looking online for information related to health and treatment.
2. Social media is also important; 23 percent use social media for health-related purposes.
3. Eighteen percent of patients consulted a provider using secure messaging, text messaging or email.
4. Thirteen percent of consumers have used video, a computer program or mobile app to learn about treatment options.
5. Around 28 percent of patients used technologies to monitor and manage their fitness and health; this is up from 17 percent in 2013.
6. About 28 percent of patietns are interested in using social media for health-related issues.
7. Seventeen percent of patients plan to use video, a computer program or mobile app to learn about treatment options in the future.