UnitedHealth Group had substantial revenue gains in the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Here are five things to know:
1. Total revenues soared to $48.7 billion, a 9.4 percent increase from Q1 2016.
2. The company added 2.5 million members in the past 12 months, excluding its ACA individual offerings.
3. Optum earnings increased 16 percent in Q1. Every Optum segment generated double-digit percentage earnings growth.
4. Cash flow from operations hit $6.5 billion and adjusted cash flow from operations totaled $2 billion.
5. UnitedHealth posted net earnings of $2.23 per share, up 34 percent from Q1 2016 ($1.67). Adjusted net earnings were $2.37 per share.