CMS will terminate its Medicare provider agreement with The Eye Surgeons Group of Tacoma (Wash.) for all patients admitted on or after April 16.
Here's what you should know:
1. CMS stated the ASC was not in compliance with requirements for participation in the Medicare/Medicaid program, according to section 1861 of the Social Security Act.
2. CMS will not provide payment for services to Medicare and/or Medicaid beneficiaries admitted after 12:01 a.m., April 16.
3. CMS established noncompliance during a December 2017 survey conducted by the Washington Department of Health on CMS' behalf.
4. CMS will provide payment for patients admitted prior to April 16, for up to 30 days after the effective termination date.
5. The clinic provides numerous surgical services including cataract surgery, micro incision glaucoma surgery and corneal transplant, among others.
6. Andrew Kopstein, MD, Christin Hintz, OD, and Alexander Grigalunas, MD, are the center's three providers.
Note: A representative of The Eye Surgeons Group of Tacoma was unavailable for comment before press time. This story will be updated if we hear back.