Global 1's ASC bundled payment network is paying dividends for the Municipalities Colleges Schools Insurance Group, saving more than $7 million in surgical costs.
What you should know:
1. MCSIG provides insurance plans to more than 70 schools and municipalities in California. From January 2015 to December 2018, MCSIG members underwent 485 surgeries in G1's ASC network.
2. MCSIG realized a total cost savings of $7.12 million through the program.
3. ASCs too are benefitting from the increased volume. Five ASCs and more than 70 surgeons have performed cases on a MCSIG member to date.
4. On average an MCSIG member saved $14,683 per case.
5. ASCs, surgeons and G1 absorbed the cost of complications, which totaled less than one percent, through the bundle.
6. MCSIG Executive Director Michael Larsen said, "While the cost savings have been tremendous, the consistently amazing outcomes our members have received over the last four years working with G1 are even better. The quality is exceptional, and pricing is near miraculous from what others are charging along the Central Coast."