Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Wisconsin is partnering with Aurora Health Care to create a joint venture health insurance company, according to CBS 58.
Here are nine things to know:
1. The new joint venture company is called Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company.
2. Aurora and Anthem employees will operate the joint venture, with each company owning a 50 percent stake.
3. Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company will provide the "Well Priority" health plan.
4. The new health plan is patient-centered, intended to lower cost of care and increase patient satisfaction.
5. The plan will also encourage healthy living and engage consumers in their care.
6. Consumers in 45 Wisconsin counties will be able to access Well Priority.
7. Well Priority consumers will receive care from Aurora Health Care in addition to Anthem's Blue Priority network.
8. The plan offers a 24-7 Nurseline and LiveHealth Online telehealth service.
9. Well Priority will be available for purchase in mid-2016, with most group plans beginning Jan. 1, 2017.