CMS proposed to increase Medicare funding by $900 million in 2017, according to UPI.
Here are five things to know:
1. The proposal is intended to enhance preventive care for high-risk Medicare patients.
2. The funding would support primary care medicine by increasing telemedicine use.
3. The new funding will focus on primary care, care coordination and mental care.
4. CMS reported it expects preventive healthcare spending to surpass $5 billion as time progresses.
5. The American College of Physicians supports the proposal.