A fragmented healthcare market is leading to an increase in private equity activity, according to a new report from PwC.
Five key details to know on private equity:
1. There is a reported $624 billion ready to be invested in the healthcare sector in 2019.
2. PwC projects there will be 747 healthcare private equity deals in 2019.
3. PwC said the market is ripe for divestitures, and healthcare companies should sell noncore business units to private equity firms.
4. Partnering with private equity can help healthcare companies capitalize on growth opportunities.
5. Private equity is accelerating change in the healthcare industry and is eyeing disruptors through investing in other private equity firms.