Four additional surgery centers have joined Pricing Healthcare, an online price transparency platform.
Here are five things to know.
1. One Fee Surgery is Pricing Healthcare's first Chicago surgery center. The surgery center focuses on sports medicine and orthopedics.
2. Montgomery Surgery Center in Rockville, Md., hosts procedures performed by the hernia center Affordable Hernia Surgery. Alan Kravitz, the hernia center's primary surgeon, is the first to list rates on Pricing Healthcare's website as a surgeon utilizing a separate facility.
3. Abington Surgical Center in Philadelphia cares for more than 12,000 patients each year.
4. SurgCenter at Pima Crossing in Phoenix focuses on orthopedics, pain management and podiatry.
5. Pricing Healthcare, founded in 2012, is an independent, privately held company. Prices posted on the website include facility, physician and anesthesiologist fees.
More articles coding and billing:
Why ICD-10 is necessary – 6 notes
5 things to know about Medicare Advantage
10 things to know about high deductible health plans