There were no changes made to anesthesia CPT codes for 2016, however, there were changes made affecting pain management services and ASA 2016 CROSSWALK, according to an Anesthesia Business Consultants blog post.
Here are five notes:
1. Some changes for pain management providers to take note of include new paravertebral block/catheter codes along with additional bundling of imaging guidance with base CPT codes.
2. Additional parenthetical guidelines have been added for destruction codes (64633 to 64636).
3. Medicare also revised epidural steroid injections 62310, 62311, 62318 and 62319.
4. In addition, there were revisions to the ASA 2016 CROSSWALK. These changes include CPT to ASA cross changes as well as alternative ASA code changes.
5. Due to these ASA 2016 CROSSWALK changes, the base unit values for services have been increased or decreased based on the change itself.