Tennessee Legislation Would Require Database Check Before Opioid Prescription
The senator also said he is he is drafting a bill that would require people picking up a prescription for certain medications to present photo identification. The bills would cover opioids, central nervous system depressants and stimulants.
Related Articles on Pain Management:
5 Best Practices for Pain Management
What procedure has been most helpful to the patients in your practice in 2011? 5 Physician Responses
Experts Question Painkiller 10 Times Stronger Than Vicodin
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies