ASIPP Releases NCCI Edits Impacting Interventional Techniques
The coding edits are effective from April 2, 2011-June 30, 2011. According to ASIPP, "sacroiliac joint injections, hip arthrography and injection, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are bundled with facet joint injection (64490 or/and 64493) with no modifiers to bypass." The society plans to submit a comment letter to NCCI in the near future.
To view the detailed chart of coding edits for interventional techniques, please click here.
Related Articles on Pain Management:
Kentucky AG Office Says County Governments Cannot Ban Pain Clinics
Opioid Pain Medications Drive "Epidemic" of Unintentional Drug Overdose Deaths
North Carolina Pain Management Physician Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Northstar Healthcare Bids for Two ASCs in Dallas & Phoenix
- Surgery Center Cedar Rapids Begins $3.4M Expansion Project
- Digestive Disease Specialists, MDSave Partner for Online Colonoscopy Bundled Pricing
- Drs. Andrew Batey, Jeffery Hallett Join Paris Community Hospital
- Which Physicians Are Closest to Making the ICD-10 Switch? 13 Statistics