Acute Pain Drug Market to Increase to $17.4B in Next Decade
Decision Resources, in Burlington, Mass., a research and advisory firm for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues.
According to the company, opioid analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs will continue to hold leading market status in the acute pain space while new analgesics that will launch over the next decade will not have a significant impact on major market sales or the treatment paradigm for acute pain. In 2011, sales of opioid analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs combined, made up more than half of the total major market sales, said Andrea Buurma, a Decision Resources analyst. This trend is expected to continue through 2021.
More Articles on Pain Management:Physician's Technology Introduces 5th Generation Device for Joint Pain Relief
Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation to Open Children's Pain Medicine Clinic
Interventional Pain Specialist Joins New England Spine Clinic
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology