15 New Statistics on Pain Management Case Volume in ASCs
All ASCs: Pain management represents 14 percent of total cases.
Based on location
West: 18 percent of total cases
Southwest: 11 percent
Midwest: 16 percent
Southeast: 10 percent
Northeast: 15 percent
Based on size
1-2 ORs: 21 percent
3-4 ORs: 13 percent
More than 4 ORs: 10 percent
Based on case volume
Less than 3,000 annual cases: 24 percent
3,000-5,999 annual cases: 15 percent
More than 5,999 annual cases: 12 percent'
Based on net revenue
Less than $4.5M: 12 percent
$4.5-$6.99M: 13 percent
More than $6.99M: 14 percent
Learn more about VMG Health.
Related Articles on Benchmarking:
20 New Statistics on Surgery Center Staffing Costs
10 Metrics That Reveal a Surgery Center's Financial Performance
25 Highest-Paid Specialties: Salaries for Hospital-Employed Physicians
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About