Outpatient Clinic General Surgeons Receive $247k in 2012: 5 Compensation Statistics
General surgeon compensation in the outpatient clinic was $247,000 on average last year, according to the Medscape Surgeon Compensation Report 2013.
General surgeons in outpatient clinics received less on average than surgeons in many other practice settings. However, they received more than general surgeons in a solo office-based practice.
Statistics on general surgeon compensation by practice setting include:
1. Healthcare organization: $310,000
2. Hospital: $262,000
3. Multispecialty group practice: $338,000
4. Single-specialty group practice: $311,000
5. Academic center: $221,000
When general surgeons are employees, they received on average $277,000, compared with $241,000 for solo practice owners and $321,000 for partnerships.
More Articles on Surgeons:
42% Ophthalmologists Will Drop Poor Insurers
Puget Sound Surgical Center Adds Dr. Jedediaha Kaufman
5 Recent Surgery Center Leadership Updates
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- HSHS Medical, Sangamon Associated Anesthesiologists Collaborate for Enhanced Surgical Services in Illinois
- New England Baptist Outpatient Care Center Goes Live With Anesthesia Touch
- Mexican Company Acquires Assets of Medical Imaging System Maker Naviscan
- MedVenture Names Mitch Moeller CEO
- Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic Earns AAAHC Accreditation