XLIF Procedure Now Covered By CIGNA and Humana
Both companies previously labeled the XLIF procedure as non-covered. At this time, all major insurance companies, including Aetna, United Healthcare and Health Care Service Corp., cover the XLIF procedure.
NuVasive has built a franchise based on the XLIF procedure with over 65 products spanning lumbar, thoracic and cervical applications. The company hopes to collaborate on spine surgery guidelines for the procedure.
Read the NuVasive release on XLIF coverage.
Read other coverage on the XLIF procedure:
- New York Spine Surgeon Performs XLIF
- Study: XLIF a Safe, Cost-Saving Spinal Procedure
- Minnesota Spine Surgeon Performs XLIF
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The biggest opportunities for foot surgeons this year
- ASCs on the radar of Florida Senate
- Data analytics education program to aid healthcare quality — 5 key notes
- Healthcare access improving in the United States: 4 things to know
- CMS proposes quality rating system to Medicaid, CHIP: 5 things to know