XLIF Procedure Now Covered By CIGNA and Humana
Both companies previously labeled the XLIF procedure as non-covered. At this time, all major insurance companies, including Aetna, United Healthcare and Health Care Service Corp., cover the XLIF procedure.
NuVasive has built a franchise based on the XLIF procedure with over 65 products spanning lumbar, thoracic and cervical applications. The company hopes to collaborate on spine surgery guidelines for the procedure.
Read the NuVasive release on XLIF coverage.
Read other coverage on the XLIF procedure:
- New York Spine Surgeon Performs XLIF
- Study: XLIF a Safe, Cost-Saving Spinal Procedure
- Minnesota Spine Surgeon Performs XLIF
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — July 25, 2017
- LifeBond's surgical sealant kit receives FDA IDE approval: 4 things to know
- What is the evidence for using FMT to treat IBD? 5 insights
- Saint Francis Healthcare System adds Dr. Jason Conway: 3 observations
- Premise Health receives AAAHC accreditation for health centers: 5 key notes