University of Rochester Medical Center Orthopedics Ranks 1st in NIH Funding
announced that its department of orthopedics and rehabilitation has been ranked Number 1 in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding for orthopedic research, according to data released by the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research.
The URMC Center for Musculoskeletal Research received $4.86 million in peer-reviewed NIH research grants in 2012. Since 2000, the center has consistently ranked among the top five NIH-funded musculoskeletal programs in the country.
More Articles on Orthopedic Centers:Lock Haven Hospital, Martin & Suhey Orthopedics Partner for Orthopedic Care
Jupiter Medical Center to Build Medical Pavilion With Orthopedic and Spine Center
Advanced Orthopedic Center Selects SRS HER
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers