Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Jan-Eric Esway to Operate at Boulders Ambulatory Surgery Center
The surgery center was opened by OrthoVirginia and HCA Virginia Health System, and located in the same building as Dr. Esway's office. Dr. Esway will use the Arthrex Synergy arthroscopic equipment at BASC, which allows him to download arthroscopic pictures to the iPAD so patients and families can view and learn more about the surgical procedure.
According to a news release, the surgical center is more efficient than a hospital and patients spend "about half the time they would spend at the hospital" at the ASC for their procedures. CJW Sports Medicine is also available in the building for patients seeking physical therapy.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Current Healthcare Policy Issues for Physicians to Know
5 ASC Human Resources to Automate With Big Benefits
20 Statistics on Surgery Center Staff Hours Per Case
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 key situations for coders to query providers — And when not to
- Hepatic steatosis and liver fibrosis may be genetic: 4 observations
- ALS disease may arise from long-ago embedded virus: 5 observations
- Looking to the future of payment: Why ASCs need to adopt new models
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joel Weinstock of Tufts Medical Center