Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Jan-Eric Esway to Operate at Boulders Ambulatory Surgery Center
The surgery center was opened by OrthoVirginia and HCA Virginia Health System, and located in the same building as Dr. Esway's office. Dr. Esway will use the Arthrex Synergy arthroscopic equipment at BASC, which allows him to download arthroscopic pictures to the iPAD so patients and families can view and learn more about the surgical procedure.
According to a news release, the surgical center is more efficient than a hospital and patients spend "about half the time they would spend at the hospital" at the ASC for their procedures. CJW Sports Medicine is also available in the building for patients seeking physical therapy.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Current Healthcare Policy Issues for Physicians to Know
5 ASC Human Resources to Automate With Big Benefits
20 Statistics on Surgery Center Staff Hours Per Case
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Cigna, Cigna Foundation work to enhance care for critically ill patients: 5 things to know
- Plexus' Anesthesia Touch becomes first mobile AIMS solution: 3 thoughts
- Study suggests effectiveness of donor fecal microbiota transplantation: 5 insights
- What were the most expensive and most commonly prescribed Medicare Part D Drugs in 2014?
- Elderly patients who undergo IBD surgery show high mortality, complication rates: 4 insights