Laser Spine Institute's Dr. Michael Weiss Named Chairman of Department of Surgery
Previously, Dr. Weiss served as chief spine surgeon for two years before being named chairman of surgery in 2011. In addition, he has been instrumental in the launch of RegenaDISC, a new innovative spinal disc regeneration procedure that uses stem cell tissue transplantation to treat the root causes of back pain.
The procedure has been years in development and involves extracting adult stem cells from the patient and transferring them to the affected discs to facilitate pain reduction and tissue regeneration.
Learn more about Laser Spine Institute.
Related Articles on Spine in ASCs:
Developing an Outpatient Spine Business Model for ASCs
Opportunities for Outpatient Spine in 2013
Integrating New Spine Procedure Into an ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 8 Steps for ASC to Identify & Grow Nurse Leaders
- AAAHC: 3 Steps for Effective Implementation of Checklists in ASCs
- NAPA's Dr. Linda Shore-Lesserson to Speak at New York State Society of Anesthesiologist Event
- ASA President Dr. Jane Fitch Meets With VA Representatives on Proposed Nursing Handbook
- Vision-Sciences Names Howard Zauberman CEO