Laser Spine Institute's Dr. Michael Weiss Named Chairman of Department of Surgery
Michael C. Weiss, DO, FAOAO, has been given the new title of chairman of the department of surgery for Laser Spine Institute, according to a release.
Previously, Dr. Weiss served as chief spine surgeon for two years before being named chairman of surgery in 2011. In addition, he has been instrumental in the launch of RegenaDISC, a new innovative spinal disc regeneration procedure that uses stem cell tissue transplantation to treat the root causes of back pain.
The procedure has been years in development and involves extracting adult stem cells from the patient and transferring them to the affected discs to facilitate pain reduction and tissue regeneration.
Learn more about Laser Spine Institute.
Related Articles on Spine in ASCs:
Developing an Outpatient Spine Business Model for ASCs
Opportunities for Outpatient Spine in 2013
Integrating New Spine Procedure Into an ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 Emerging Business Issues in Spine Surgery
- Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Adds Dr. Mir Ali to Medical Staff
- Using Clinical Outcomes to Drive Pain Management Profits
- 5 Ways Spine Cases Can Improve Profitability in Poorly Performing Surgery Centers
- Greenwich Hospital Names Dr. Steven Hindman Director of Orthopedic Surgery