Evidence-Based Medicine and ACOs: The Impact on Orthopedics and Spine
Terry Woodbeck, CEO, FAHC, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, R. Blake Curd, MD, board chairman, Surgical Management Professionals and Jeffrey C. Clark, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP, participated in a panel discussion titled "Q&A Panel: Will Evidence Based Medicine Kill Spine? Will Practice Acquisition by Hospitals Kill ASCs? Should ASCs Employ Physicians? Where are the Profits in Pain Management? Can Safe Harbors be Used to Redeem Physicians? Can Non-Competes be Enforced? Where do ASCs and Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Practices fit in ACOs?" at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference in Chicago on June 9, 2011.
Click here to read the full article on Becker's Orthopedic & Spine Review about ACOs and evidence-based medicine in orthopedics.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers