Dr. Richard Kube Performs Spine Surgery With Coflex Device at Southern Illinois Surgery CenterRichard Kube, MD, was one of the first doctors in the US and the first surgeon in Illinois to perform a procedure with the Coflex Interlaminar Implant, which functions as an alternative to spinal fusion, according to a report by The Southern Illinoisan.
Dr. Kube, board certified orthopedic surgeon and founder of Prairie Spine and Pain Institute in Peoria, Ill., performed the minimally invasive, outpatient procedure at Southern Illinois Surgery Center in Marion.
Dr. Kube completed his medical degree and residency at the Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He conducted his fellowship at Spine Surgery, PSC in Louisville, Ky.
More Articles on Orthopedics and Spine:
Lock Haven Hospital, Martin & Suhey Orthopedics Partner for Orthopedic Care
Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Launches Concussion Program
Southern Orthopedic Surgeons Plan $4.9M New Orthopedic Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition