Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Tests Orthopedic Bundled Payment Model
BCBSNC began a pilot project for orthopedic bundles in 2011 and recently announced two bundled payment initiatives with physician-owned Triangle Orthopaedic Associates and Duke University Health System in Durham, N.C.
If it performs well, the model could be expanded to include hip replacements, according to the report.
More Articles on Orthopedic Bundled Payments:CMS Includes Illinois Bone & Joint Institute in Bundled Payments Initiative
Using Bundled Payments in Orthopedics to Begin Developing a Center of Excellence
Two SSM Health Care Hospitals Accepted Into CMS Bundled Payment Pilot
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights