Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Tests Orthopedic Bundled Payment Model
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina has started testing out its bundled payment model for knee replacement surgeries, according to a Health Leaders Media report.
BCBSNC began a pilot project for orthopedic bundles in 2011 and recently announced two bundled payment initiatives with physician-owned Triangle Orthopaedic Associates and Duke University Health System in Durham, N.C.
If it performs well, the model could be expanded to include hip replacements, according to the report.
More Articles on Orthopedic Bundled Payments:CMS Includes Illinois Bone & Joint Institute in Bundled Payments Initiative
Using Bundled Payments in Orthopedics to Begin Developing a Center of Excellence
Two SSM Health Care Hospitals Accepted Into CMS Bundled Payment Pilot
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 Areas That Trip Up ASCs During Accreditation Evaluations
- CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- Joint Commission Appoints Mark Pelletier COO, Division of Accreditation, Certification
- Johns Hopkins: Blood Transfusions Overused During Surgery