American Orthopaedic Association Honors Dr. Peter Stern as Distinguished ClinicianPeter J. Stern, MD, recently received the American Orthopaedic Association's 2012 Distinguished Clinician Award, according to an AAOS Now report.
Dr. Stern is chairman of the department of orthopedic surgery at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and founder and co-director of the Mary S. Stern Fellowship in Hand Surgery. He is a past president of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and American Orthopaedic Association.
Dr. Stern earned his medical degree at Washington University School of Medicine and completed the Harvard Combined Residency Program. His additional training includes a fellowship at the University of Louisville.
More Articles on Orthopedics:
12 Sports Medicine Physicians on the Move
AAOS Supports In-Office Imaging in Statement to GAO
57 Orthopedic & Spine Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in October
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions
- AAOS Creates PSA Campaign Focusing on Orthopedic Care
- Neuroaxial Anesthesia Lowers Risk of Complications, Deaths for Primary Joint Arthroplasty