AAOS Honors Dr. Mark Gonzalez With Diversity Award
Dr. Gonzalez is professor and chairman of the department of orthopedics at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He received the Diversity Award for his commitment to practicing and prompting Culturally Competent Care. He accepted his first female African-
American orthopedic resident at UIC and the first female orthopedic faculty.
He also served as the chief of hand surgery and chairman of orthopedics at Cook County Hospital.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgeons:AAOS Appoints Dr. Gordon Groh to Shoulder and Elbow Program Committee
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons to Name Dr. Joshua Jacobs President
American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Appoints Dr. Richard Derner Secretary & Treasurer
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes