Wilmer Eye Institute Ophthalmologists Receive Grants
The grant recipients are Noriko Esumi, MD, PhD, assistant professor of ophthalmology; Shannath L Merbs, MD, PhD, associate professor of ophthalmology and oncology and ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery; Derek Welsbie, MD, PhD, assistant professor of ophthalmology; and Zhiyong Yang, MD, PhD, researcher associate.
Drs. Welsbie, Merbs and Yang are investigating different ways to promote the survival of retinal ganglion cells. Dr. Esumi is studying factors that control inflammation in age-related macular degeneration using engineered mice.
Related Articles on Ophthalmologists:Ophthalmologist on the Move: Dr. Alexander Filipp Joins NY's Ophthalmic Consultants of the Capital Region
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup