TLC Laser Eye Centers to Perform First Approved Laser Cataract Surgeries in Canada
TLC Laser Eye Centers, headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., has announced its facility in Mississauga, Canada, will perform the first approved laser cataract surgeries in the country, according to a news release (pdf).
TLC Laser Eye Centers operates nearly 60 laser surgery centers across the United States and Canada.
The procedures will take place July 24 and will be performed using Alcon's LenSx femtosecond laser.
Drs. Ike Ahmed and Dean Smith, co-medical directors of TLC Laser Eye Centers Mississauga, will be the first in Canada to perform the surgeries.
Related Articles on Cataract Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Giving Back to the Community: 5 ASCs Involved in Outreach Initiatives
- PriorityOne to Expand Team in 2014, Move to Bigger Office Location
- BayCare Ambulatory Surgery Center to Begin Expansion Project
- Albany Urology Clinic & Surgical Center Opens in New Location
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Names Nueterra Global Alliance Best New Business