Ophthalmologist on the Move: Dr. Rohit Varma Named Head of Ophthalmology at University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Ophthalmologist Rohit Varma, MD, has been named head of ophthalmology and visual sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, according to a news release.
Dr. Varma's appointment is pending approval by the UI board of trustees.
Dr. Varma most recently served as an eye specialist and epidemiologist at the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine. At USC, He was professor of ophthalmology and preventive medicine and director of the glaucoma service, ocular epidemiology center and the clinical trials unit at the Doheny Eye Institute.
Dr. Varma received his MD from Maulana Azad Medical College in India. He then completed an ophthalmology residency at Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital and glaucoma fellowships at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia and Doheny Eye Institute.
Related Articles on Ophthalmologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open