Ophthalmologist on the Move: Dr. Quan Dong Nguyen Named Chairman of University of Nebraska Medical Center Ophthalmology
Ophthalmologist Quan Dong Nguyen, MD, has been named McGaw Professor and chairman of the University of Nebraska medical center department of ophthalmology and visual sciences, according to a news release.
Dr. Nguyen has also been named director of the Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute. His appointments are effective March 1, and will coincide with the opening of the Truhlsen Eye Institute.
Dr. Nguyen presently serves as an associate professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins, specializing in uveitis and diseases of the retina and vitreous.
He received his MD from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Nguyen then completed an internship in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital and a residency in ophthalmology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School. He completed fellowships in immunology and uveitis at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, ocular immunology at the Wilmer Eye Institute, and medical and surgical diseases of the vitreous and retina at the Schepens Eye Research Institute and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.
Dr. Nguyen's wife, Diana V. Do, MD, is also a retina specialist at the Wilmer Eye Institute and will be joining the UNMC faculty as an associate professor and director of the center for innovative clinical trials in ophthalmology.
Related Articles on Ophthalmologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- National Patient Safety Foundation updates Online Patient Safety Curriculum: 6 points
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin wants to transform state's Medicaid program: 7 things to know
- Cloud technology equips the healthcare industry in digital-focused world — 5 observations
- Dr. Wa Xian receives AGA funding for IBD stem cell research: 4 notes
- Vitality Biopharma announces new patent filing for IBD pain relief: 4 notes