Ophthalmologist on the Move: Dr. Alejandra Valenzuela Joins LA's Tulane University
Ophthalmologist Alejandra Valenzuela, MD, has joined the department of ophthalmology at Tulane University in New Orleans, according to an Eye on Tulane report.
Dr. Valenzuela is an orbital lacrimal and periocular reconstructive surgeon, with expertise in orbital and ocular adnexal tumors, systemic disorders with orbital/eyelid involvement such as Graves disease and other autoimmune conditions, periocular trauma, eyelid malpositions and malformations, facial paralysis rehabilitation, reconstruction of the anophthalmic sockets, and lacrimal and outflow disturbances in children and adults.
She attended medical school and completed an ophthalmology residency in Chile, completed an ophthalmology rotation in London and completed four fellowships in Canada and Australia. Two of the fellowships were in oculoplastics, lacrimal and orbital diseases and surgery, one in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus and one in pediatric ocular oncology and retinoblastoma.
She was recruited to Tulane from Dalhousie University in Canada.
Related Articles on Ophthalmologists:Ophthalmologist on the Move: Dr. Andrew Bainnson Joins NY's North Shore Eye Care
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Russell Cohen of The University of Chicago Medicine
- NJ Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers sends members to Capitol Hill in support of access to care bills: 3 takeaways
- Senior in home care start-up Hometeam names CMO: 4 takeaways
- Pain Con Pain Consultants at Piedmont receives accreditation: 3 takeaways
- Obalon Therapeutics 3 balloon capsule system safe, effective for obesity treatment: 5 takeaways