Ophthalmologist Dr. Joseph Wahl Dead at 82
Ophthalmologist Joseph William Wahl, MD, has died, according to an obituary in The Commercial Appeal.
Dr. Wahl died on July 11. He was 82.
Dr. Wahl received his MD from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis. He completed a residency in ophthalmology at the University of Colorado in Denver.
Dr. Wahl spent three years in private practice in Nashville, Tenn., before relocating to La Crosse, Wis., where he served in the department of ophthalmology at the Gundersen Clinic. During this time, he accepted a fellowship position at the University of Wisconsin Medical School in ophthalmic plastic surgery.
Dr. Wahl also lived in Israel in 1977 where he worked as an ophthalmologist in Tel Aviv. He returned to Cookeville, Tenn., and retired from private practice in 1988.
Related Articles on Ophthalmologists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 9 Quality Reporting Programs to Know in the ASC Industry
- 5 Statistics on Surgery Center Shareholders' Equity Across the US
- ASGE Recognizes 6 Endoscopy Centers for Safety & Quality
- Joint Research Team Discovers New Method for Developing Anti-Diarrheal Drugs
- Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants Selects PriorityOne Group for IT