Ellex Medical Lasers Set to Launch YAG Laser
Ellex Medical Lasers has announced it will launch a new YAG laser, according to a news release.
The company's Ultra Q microsurgical YAG laser with Reflex Technology is launching at the 2012 annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology in Chicago.
The Ultra Q is indicated for capsolutomy, iridotomy and Nd:YAG laser membranectomy, according to the release.
"With the introduction of Ellex's Reflex light delivery system, our ophthalmologist customers can now use the Ultra Q to treat floaters in a medically-reimbursable procedure, known as YAG laser vitreolysis," said Ellex CEO Tom Spurling, in the release. "The Ultra Q is optimized for performing YAG laser treatments both in the anterior segment and posterior segment — making it ideal for the all conventional YAG laser treatments such as capsulotomy and iridotomy, as well as YAG laser vitreolysis for the treatment of floaters."
Ellex Medical Lasers has its U.S. headquarters in Minneapolis.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Spring Creek Surgical Center receives AAAHC accreditation
- From physician to billionaire: Dr. Keith Dunleavy’s net worth tops $1B with healthcare data analytics firm
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: May 16 – May 20
- 6 points of contention between Anthem & Cigna: Will it derail the merger?
- FDA clears Avantis Medical's Third Eye Panoramic for reuse after colonoscopy: 5 notes