Ellex Medical Lasers Set to Launch YAG Laser
Ellex Medical Lasers has announced it will launch a new YAG laser, according to a news release.
The company's Ultra Q microsurgical YAG laser with Reflex Technology is launching at the 2012 annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology in Chicago.
The Ultra Q is indicated for capsolutomy, iridotomy and Nd:YAG laser membranectomy, according to the release.
"With the introduction of Ellex's Reflex light delivery system, our ophthalmologist customers can now use the Ultra Q to treat floaters in a medically-reimbursable procedure, known as YAG laser vitreolysis," said Ellex CEO Tom Spurling, in the release. "The Ultra Q is optimized for performing YAG laser treatments both in the anterior segment and posterior segment — making it ideal for the all conventional YAG laser treatments such as capsulotomy and iridotomy, as well as YAG laser vitreolysis for the treatment of floaters."
Ellex Medical Lasers has its U.S. headquarters in Minneapolis.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why