Casey Eye Institute, Oregon State Elks Celebrate 64 Years of Pediatric Care
Oregon Health & Science University's Casey Eye Institute in Portland and the Oregon State Elks are celebrating 64 years of partnering to provide care for the state's children, according to The Lund Report.
The two organizations teamed up in 1949 to create the Elks Children's Eye Clinic at Casey Eye Institute. Since then, thousands of volunteer hours and $25 million have gone to children's ophthalmic care.
The Elks also helped the clinic purchase the nation's first microscope for ocular surgery.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About