Here are five places where ophthalmologists receive the highest compensation, according to statistics from the Medscape Ophthalmologist Compensation Report: 2013.
1. Partners in private practice: $356,000, which is significantly more than ophthalmologists who identify as employees: $220,000.
2. Healthcare organization members: $348,000, significantly higher than ophthalmologists who identify as working in a hospital or academic setting.
3. Multispecialty group practice: $340,000, higher than ophthalmologists in a single-specialty group practice: $292,000.
4. North central region of the country: $351,000, followed distantly by the Northwest region: $302,000.
5. Male ophthalmologists: $294,000, which is about $74,000 more than their female counterparts.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
7 Big ASC Staffing Issues & What to Do About Them
7 Physicians on Sports Medicine Advancement for ASCs
4 Things to Know About Leading a Joint Venture Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.