3 Reasons LASIK Surgery is More Popular in the Winter
issued a release giving his three reasons why people choose to undergo LASIK during the winter months.
1. Employers give time off. Dr. Shofner says studies show elective surgical procedures see an uptick during the winter season, in part because employers are more willing to let employees take time off because of slower business. And holiday bonuses are sometimes used to fund LASIK procedures.
2. New Year's resolutions. Like losing weight and being more active, people use the start of the new year to launch their new look. For those who wear corrective lenses, that can mean laser-corrective surgery.
3. Tax benefits. While people prepare their taxes, they're more likely to use their tax refunds for LASIK procedures. Additionally, employees may put their health savings or flexible spending plans to pay for LASIK, which is not usually covered by insurance.
More Articles on LASIK:Ophthalmology Experts React to 13.5% Medicare Cuts
Femtosecond LASIK Effective When Used by Surgical Trainees
2 Tips for FDA-Friendly LASIK Ads
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting