The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
UPMC Eye Center Performs First Permanent Contact Lens Surgery
The Pittsburgh-based UPMC's UPMC Eye Center has performed its first permanent contact lens surgery, according to a report from the TribLive.
The patient underwent a successful surgery and can now see clearly without corrective lenses, according to the report. Deepinder Dhaliwal, MD, UMPC Eye Center's director of cornea and refractive surgery services, performed the surgery.
The Eye Center is affiliated with Monroeville, Pa.-based UPMC East Hospital.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
How can you recruit new physician partners for your ASC?Read Now
- Colorectal surgery da Vinci Surgical System training program participation increases 877%
- FDA grants tentative approval of UCERIS for ulcerative colitis
- Dr. Thomas O'Connor honored as Presence St. Mary's Physician of the Year
- HealthQx partners with HCI3 for value-based payment reform
- 4 recent ASC industry moves