UPMC Eye Center Performs First Permanent Contact Lens Surgery
The Pittsburgh-based UPMC's UPMC Eye Center has performed its first permanent contact lens surgery, according to a report from the TribLive.
The patient underwent a successful surgery and can now see clearly without corrective lenses, according to the report. Deepinder Dhaliwal, MD, UMPC Eye Center's director of cornea and refractive surgery services, performed the surgery.
The Eye Center is affiliated with Monroeville, Pa.-based UPMC East Hospital.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology