The Most Important Legal Issue Facing ASCs From Michael Schaff
Michael Schaff, JD, MBA, LLM, chair of corporate and healthcare departments at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer shares his take on the most important issue facing ASCs today:
"With the influx of venture capital into the ASC market, there has been an increased focus on the financial aspects of the business of the Center, rather than patient care. This creates additional regulatory risk on the center and may cause friction between those with privileges at the center — including the physician owners — and those in it just for financial gain. This emphasizes the need for a strong compliance plan and the independence of the compliance officer."
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Single-Specialty ASC Transaction & Valuation Outlook: Bright or Dark?
10 ASC Industry C-Suiters to Know
Could ASCs Lose Their Competitive Pricing Advantage
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why