The Most Important Legal Issue Facing ASCs From Michael Schaff
Michael Schaff, JD, MBA, LLM, chair of corporate and healthcare departments at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer shares his take on the most important issue facing ASCs today:
"With the influx of venture capital into the ASC market, there has been an increased focus on the financial aspects of the business of the Center, rather than patient care. This creates additional regulatory risk on the center and may cause friction between those with privileges at the center — including the physician owners — and those in it just for financial gain. This emphasizes the need for a strong compliance plan and the independence of the compliance officer."
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Single-Specialty ASC Transaction & Valuation Outlook: Bright or Dark?
10 ASC Industry C-Suiters to Know
Could ASCs Lose Their Competitive Pricing Advantage
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis