The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Alton/Sand Canyon Surgical Center to Offer Free Surgery Day
Kaiser Permanente Orange County's Alton/Sand Canyon Surgical Center in Irvine, Calif., is slated to perform 25 free surgeries for uninsured patients May 17, according to a report from the Orange County Register.
The surgeries have been made possible through Kaiser's partnership with Access OC, a group that encourages healthcare organizations to donate services to uninsured patients.
This is the 13th such "free surgery day" staged by Kaiser and Access OC. Since 2007, the Access OC has coordinated 500 free surgeries worth $6.5 million in total, according to the report.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
3 More Key Trends Impacting ASC Growth in 2014
3 Things ASCs Can Learn From Nasty Gal's Sophia Amoruso
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ACO Directory: 269 ACOs in AmericaRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why