5 Questions Sylvia Mathews Burwell Could Face About the PPACA
The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee will hold a today for Sylvia Mathews Burwell — President Barack Obama's nominee to replace Kathleen Sebelius as HHS secretary.
Next week, the Senate Finance Committee (which will vote on sending her nomination to the Senate floor) is also expected to hold a confirmation hearing for Ms. Burwell, who is currently director of the Office of Management and Budget.
Although she has strong support from Senate Democrats and even some Republicans, Ms. Burwell will still likely face some tough questions during her confirmation hearings about how she will continue the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, according to a Politico report. Here are five key questions she will likely face from the Senate committees, according to the report.
Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting