What Matters for ASCs in the Rest of 2012? 10 Dates to Know
Surgery center leaders should mark their calendars with the following dates in the remainder of 2012, according to a release from the ASC Association. These events require action from individual surgery centers or could change the way ASCs conduct business and provide care.
• Deadline for submitting comments concerning the inpatient prospective payment rule of the new Medicare quality reporting program. Comments can be submitted to CMS by June 25.
• The Supreme Court will announce its decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
• Deadline for comments on HHS' National Action Plan to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections in ASCs. Comments can be submitted by June 25.
• HHS will release its final rule modifying security and breach notifications under HIPAA.
• CMS will release its 2013 proposed rule for ASCs.
• ASCA and the CDC will meet concerning single use vials in ASCs.
• Medicare will release details concerning how ASCs will report their quality data.
• Medicare will begin its ASC Quality Reporting Program. All ASCs must start reporting their quality data to CMS on October 1.
• CMS will release its 2013 final rule for ASCs.
• Federal elections will be held on November 6. ASC congressional allies such as Representatives Shelley Berkley (D-NV) and David Schweikert (R-AZ) have tough races this year.
Related Articles on Surgery Center Legislation:
New York Announces Prescription Drug Monitoring Plan
NJ Senate Approves Bill to Help Foreign Physicians Stay In-State
7 Methods to Prevent Drug Shortages Introduced by Recent Legislation
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Commission on Cancer Accredits Advocate Good Shepherd in Illinois
- 12 Statistics on GI Revenue per Case by Geographic Location
- Dr. Paul Greenberg Joins Context Matters Board of Advisers
- Will Ophthalmologists Stop Accepting Insurers that Pay Poorly? 42% Say Yes
- Atlanta Vision Institute Acquires iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser