Top 5 Highest-Volume Specialties for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Ophthalmology makes up the largest percentage of procedures performed in ambulatory surgery centers, according to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover.
The top specialties include:
1. Ophthalmology--30 percent of all surgeries each year
2. Orthopedics--15 percent
3. Gastroenterology--14 percent
4. Pain management, including spinal injections--10 percent
5. Plastic surgery--8 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Drs. Rusha Modi, Steven M. Schwarz & more — 3 GI physicians in the headlines
- CVS' Adrenaclick® auto-injector to hit the market
- Trump's take on pharmaceutical companies: 'Getting away with murder'
- GI leader to know: Dr. Shekhar Challa of Kansas Medical Clinic
- Surgeons rank as #1 highest-paying job in these 16 states