Top 5 Highest-Volume Specialties for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Ophthalmology makes up the largest percentage of procedures performed in ambulatory surgery centers, according to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover.
The top specialties include:
1. Ophthalmology--30 percent of all surgeries each year
2. Orthopedics--15 percent
3. Gastroenterology--14 percent
4. Pain management, including spinal injections--10 percent
5. Plastic surgery--8 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- MRSA infects Washington school — 5 key facts
- Will capping drug prices drive down healthcare costs? — 5 key points
- The ASC industry won't be the same: 2 significant changes slowly gaining momentum
- Publicis Healthcare acquires Tardis Medical to enhance clinical capabilities: 4 points
- What is in store for ASC M&A in 2015 to 2016?