Top 5 Highest-Volume Specialties for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Ophthalmology makes up the largest percentage of procedures performed in ambulatory surgery centers, according to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover.
The top specialties include:
1. Ophthalmology--30 percent of all surgeries each year
2. Orthopedics--15 percent
3. Gastroenterology--14 percent
4. Pain management, including spinal injections--10 percent
5. Plastic surgery--8 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital MeetingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers