Top 5 Highest-Volume Specialties for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Ophthalmology makes up the largest percentage of procedures performed in ambulatory surgery centers, according to the Outpatient Surgical Centers Industry Overview report from Hoover.
The top specialties include:
1. Ophthalmology--30 percent of all surgeries each year
2. Orthopedics--15 percent
3. Gastroenterology--14 percent
4. Pain management, including spinal injections--10 percent
5. Plastic surgery--8 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Recent ASC Administrative & Industry Leadership Moves
24 Statistics on Surgery Center Operating Expenses per Case
Physician Partners of America Acquires Frisco Ambulatory Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Cost Reduction and Benchmarking, 10 Steps to Immediately Improve ProfitsRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA