Top 10 States With the Highest Number of Paid Medical Malpractice Claims
Here are the top ten states with the highest number of paid medical malpractice claims for 2007, with the number of claims paid, according to The Kaiser Family Foundation.
1. New York ─ 1,528
2. California ─ 924
3. Florida ─ 783
4. Pennsylvania ─ 767
5. Texas ─ 538
6. New Jersey ─ 455
7. Michigan ─ 414
8. Illinois ─ 340
9. Louisiana ─ 282
10. Massachusetts ─ 280
Source: The Kaiser Family Foundation.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Can device company-ASC collaboration help offset the effects of declining reimbursements?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting