Top 10 States With the Highest Number of Paid Medical Malpractice Claims
Here are the top ten states with the highest number of paid medical malpractice claims for 2007, with the number of claims paid, according to The Kaiser Family Foundation.
1. New York ─ 1,528
2. California ─ 924
3. Florida ─ 783
4. Pennsylvania ─ 767
5. Texas ─ 538
6. New Jersey ─ 455
7. Michigan ─ 414
8. Illinois ─ 340
9. Louisiana ─ 282
10. Massachusetts ─ 280
Source: The Kaiser Family Foundation.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
11 key considerations for physicians when choosing where to practiceRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career