Top 10 States With the Highest Number of Paid Medical Malpractice Claims
Here are the top ten states with the highest number of paid medical malpractice claims for 2007, with the number of claims paid, according to The Kaiser Family Foundation.
1. New York ─ 1,528
2. California ─ 924
3. Florida ─ 783
4. Pennsylvania ─ 767
5. Texas ─ 538
6. New Jersey ─ 455
7. Michigan ─ 414
8. Illinois ─ 340
9. Louisiana ─ 282
10. Massachusetts ─ 280
Source: The Kaiser Family Foundation.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
An Untapped Market: How Marrick Medical Finance is making it possible for ASCs to increase patient volumeRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics