The Outpatient Payment Rate Debate: What Lower Reimbursement Would Mean for Hospitals
Alvin Hoover, CEO of King's Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven, Miss., says his hospital faces a number of fiscal challenges as a rural provider. Bad debt is in the 8 percent to 9 percent range, and last year the hospital delivered about $12 million of uncompensated care.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Institute of Healthcare Improvement CEO delivers keynote on improving quality: 5 highlights
- AAAHC accredits Professional Eye Surgery Center: 3 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. John Hines of The Iowa Clinic
- Fujifilm Endoscopy to showcase devices at NYSGE conference: 4 takeaways
- Dr. Albert Czaja awarded 2016 Mayo Clinic Distinguished Alumni Award: 3 thoughts