The Outpatient Payment Rate Debate: What Lower Reimbursement Would Mean for Hospitals
Alvin Hoover, CEO of King's Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven, Miss., says his hospital faces a number of fiscal challenges as a rural provider. Bad debt is in the 8 percent to 9 percent range, and last year the hospital delivered about $12 million of uncompensated care.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 3 hospitals/health systems with new outpatient surgery centers — Feb. 10, 2016
- California lawmakers reveal new health plan tax proposal — 6 insights
- Arizona House panel green lights children's health insurance bill — 5 takeaways
- 10 things to know about the UK physicians' strike
- 25 top-earning physician specialties