The Outpatient Payment Rate Debate: What Lower Reimbursement Would Mean for Hospitals
Alvin Hoover, CEO of King's Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven, Miss., says his hospital faces a number of fiscal challenges as a rural provider. Bad debt is in the 8 percent to 9 percent range, and last year the hospital delivered about $12 million of uncompensated care.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
6 trends in remote healthcare deliveryRead Now
- 6 tips for improving bedside manner, patient experience
- 55 things to know about ASC company 2Q financial reports
- Surgical Information Systems names Jonathan Lujan EVP of North American sales
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act: What anesthesiologists need to do before the data goes public
- Senator Rand Paul on medical mission in Guatemala