The Outpatient Payment Rate Debate: What Lower Reimbursement Would Mean for Hospitals
Alvin Hoover, CEO of King's Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven, Miss., says his hospital faces a number of fiscal challenges as a rural provider. Bad debt is in the 8 percent to 9 percent range, and last year the hospital delivered about $12 million of uncompensated care.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Physician engagement through professional development: Q&A with Sheridan Chief Quality Officer Dr. Gerald Maccioli
- GI leader to know: Dr. Ismail Wadiwala of Sutter Health
- Tracy Surgery Center AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- Tenet shares plummet 18.7% in 52-week period: 4 points
- Valeant, EyeGate agree on ocular surgery-facing device licensing agreement: 4 key notes