The Outpatient Payment Rate Debate: What Lower Reimbursement Would Mean for Hospitals
Alvin Hoover, CEO of King's Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven, Miss., says his hospital faces a number of fiscal challenges as a rural provider. Bad debt is in the 8 percent to 9 percent range, and last year the hospital delivered about $12 million of uncompensated care.
Read the full article on Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs MakeRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis