Texas Surgery Centers Have $1.7B Economic Impact
Ambulatory surgery centers in Texas have around $1.7 billion economic impact, according to a Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society Report.
There are around 420 surgery centers in the state employing more than 7,300 people. Additionally, surgery centers are estimated to save Medicare $2.3 billion annually as an alternative to outpatient hospital-based surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC Management & Development Companies: A Growing Market Power?
8 Tactics to Boost ASC Patient Volume in Competitive Markets
Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery in the ASC: Q&A With Babak Baravarian
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASC companies: 12 statistics on ownership & managementRead Now
- MEDNAX acquires Surgical Directions
- 35 summer reading picks for surgeons
- Becker's Healthcare announces ambulatory surgery center educational program
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief information officer strategy roundtable
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief executive officer strategy roundtable