Texas Surgery Centers Have $1.7B Economic Impact
Ambulatory surgery centers in Texas have around $1.7 billion economic impact, according to a Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society Report.
There are around 420 surgery centers in the state employing more than 7,300 people. Additionally, surgery centers are estimated to save Medicare $2.3 billion annually as an alternative to outpatient hospital-based surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC Management & Development Companies: A Growing Market Power?
8 Tactics to Boost ASC Patient Volume in Competitive Markets
Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery in the ASC: Q&A With Babak Baravarian
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Florence Hospital Selects EmCare for ED ManagementRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers