Texas Surgery Centers Have $1.7B Economic Impact
Ambulatory surgery centers in Texas have around $1.7 billion economic impact, according to a Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society Report.
There are around 420 surgery centers in the state employing more than 7,300 people. Additionally, surgery centers are estimated to save Medicare $2.3 billion annually as an alternative to outpatient hospital-based surgery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC Management & Development Companies: A Growing Market Power?
8 Tactics to Boost ASC Patient Volume in Competitive Markets
Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery in the ASC: Q&A With Babak Baravarian
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Severe Winter Weather Affected AmSurg ProfitsRead Now
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies